Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Day of Mothers!

Mother's Day... lame. Wish I was a mom so that I could have slaves at my every need. All in all, today has been a very bi-polar day for me. I was so excited for church because the YW got to sing with the primary in the program today! We sang, "Mother, will you teach me?". Or... something along those lines. The song was so touching, especially hearing the words being sung from the sweet primary children. I was excited to sing for my mom, since obviously, I didn't get anything for her, so I thought this song would be touching for her and a great gift. But, my dad decided that HIS gift to her for Mother's day would be that he was letting her not go to church and stay home this week, if she wanted. Of course she took him up on that offer. I know she doesn't know it, but I was really upset she didn't come. While we were up singing, I had a little break-down in the middle of the song. I had to just mouth the words cause I knew if I tried to sing, I would have been several notes higher than should be possible. Haha. The whole day during church was extremely emotional for me. When they got up and annouced the releasings, they said that Amylee (YW pres), Ellen (YW 1st), and Bobbi (YW 2nd) had all been released. I was SO upset. I immediatly started to cry right there. I tried so hard not to, but I did. I ended up slipping out of sacrament meeting to that I could just have my moment to sit and be to myself for a while. I love young womens just the way it was and wish that nothing changed. But I know that the new ladies will do a great job. I like all the new people a lot, I just hate change... Wow. I am WAY off topic. Mother's Day. Okay... well... there's really nothing to say. It was pretty much a normal sunday. My family is sometimes so hard to stay upset around. Mainly because of Bradley. He's such a twit. They all really lifted my mood and I was giggly all for a lot more of the day. But then my dad accused my happiness of being fake. Wow. So then, I left and did homework.

Things that made me happy? Well, I got two amazing cards from a couple of my leaders today. One from Tiffany Garret, (YW secretary). It was a thank you card for me reaching out to a certain YW in my ward that hasn't attended church in a long time. The YW mentioned my name while talking to Tiffany about how she's happy and actually excited for camp and YW's because me and Kenzi have befriended her. So that's what her note was for. Made me so happy! The second was from Connie Pond and Lori Wakefield. AMAZING women. They are the camp leaders, but honestly, they are a lot more than that. They are just like best friends. They both care so much for me, and every other girl in the ward. They are the funnest, amazingest, best people ever. I love them both so much! Connie is now the new YW 2nd. I'm flippin' excited for her. And for me. Haha, it's going to be a blast! Connie brought over a cute vase with a flower (and skittles!!) in it, with a take on it with the quote "If flowers were friends, I'd pick you!". I've always loved that quote. The card had just a short sweet message from both of them that made my night. I'm so happy to know all of these women! :)

Good day? Nah. But, if my mom ends up reading this... just know... that... I love her. I really really do. I know I'm a brat, and she does not like me sometimes... a lot of the time... but! I grateful for all she does. She thinks she's not a good mom, but honestly, she's the best one I've ever had. And I mean that. My mom has shaped my life completely. I constantly have people telling me how much I am just like my mom. There could not be a better compliment in the whole world. Also, my friends always say how much they like my mom. Is there any better way? How many people can say that? My mom is the truest best mom in my house. Just kidding... IN THE WORLD! My mom has a very teenage spirit. She's so young at heart... that's one reason I know we get along. My mom is like a cat... because... I like cats. I wanted to come up with a profound simile for her being like a cat... but... I just like them. A lot. And I like my mom a lot. You know, I even LOVE my mom. Thanks for all you do, and helping me with everything, mama! I LOVE YOU ALWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment